Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lauren's Graduation Cake & Tyler's Birthday Cookie



Congratulations Lauren, I am so proud of you!

 I started off by taking Lauren's graduation picture and getting it copied at the local office supply store so I could create this adorable keepsake gift for her. I  transferred the digitally printed mirror image to the canvas and embellished it from there. I loved the way it turned out but is was not so easy. I had a hard time with the picture being too cloudy.


 Well this was my first attempt to make a shoe out of gum paste and a shoe box cake. I think it turned out pretty well considering my first shoe cracked and I had 2 days to make another and have it dry. It was really fun. I had my niece email me her signature and I cut it out for the top of the cake. She loves shoes so this was my opportunity to make this cake. I made a vanilla bean cake with vanilla pudding filling and butter cream icing, covered it with fondant. I have the hardest time cutting gum paste on my cricut, any advise would be welcomed.


My nephew Tyler turned 16 this past Sunday so I made him what he wanted a big cookie. It was very good and cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment