Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Guacamole so good my kids eat it!

I never liked avocados but ever since my mom made this guacamole I am hooked. My husband never liked avocados or guacamole but he loves mine and so do my girls.

Remember: When you buy avocados they will not usually be ripe I have to let them sit in my window sill for 2 to 3 days. They need to be dark on the outside and feel soft when you squeeze them.
 

Guacamole - So good my kids eat it!

3-4 Haas Avocados - the small ones
Cayenne pepper
Garlic powder
Hellman's Mayo
1/2 Lime or lemon
salt
2-3 Roma ripe tomatoes
                                                                                                

Scoop out all of the avocado into a bowl. 
Chop up with knife and smash with spoon or fork. 
Add mayo, salt, cayenne pepper & garlic powder. 
Chop up tomatoes and mix into the avocado mix. Do not add juice of tomatoes.
Squeeze your lemon or lime over and stir in. This prevents your guacamole from turning brown. Let marinate & chill for a couple hours. Serve with tortilla chips.

 It may not look so good but it taste very good!
Enjoy!

1 comment: