Monday, February 6, 2012

The BEST and Easiest SALSA RECIPE. And good for you too!!!!!!

Here we go.........

EASY SALSA and sooooooooo good!

Debbie's Homemade Salsa (With the help of Hunts)
1 can of Hunts Sauce 29oz
1 can of Hunts Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 can of Rotel 10oz
1 can of Embasa Salsa Verde (the green salsa) this is the brand I like but any will do.
1 or 2 FRESH Garlic cloves (I like a lot of garlic)
about 1/2 bunch of FRESH Cilantro (give or take to your taste) smells so good
Salt & Pepper to taste
I do add some garlic powder too.

Ok let's get started 
Add together the Hunts sauce, Hunts petite diced tomatoes, Rotel & Salsa Verde in a large container. I like to use the gallon size ice cream tub. It is now our salsa container. 
Chop your garlic and add that in then Now on to the Cilantro make sure you pick all the leaves off  stems probably don't taste different I just do not like the stems:( Its a visual thing for me I guess

Cilantro is so pretty and it smells so good. So I guess I don't have to tell you to chop your cilantro right :)
Well chop your cilantro.

Add your salt & pepper and a bit of garlic powder if you want and you are done. See that was EASY.
Oh yea you can add a jalapeno if you like it real spicy.
That's it just marinate over night and if you are like my husband he can't wait for it to marinate. 

We have salsa in our house every day and when we run out I surly better make some more or my husband will go into withdraws. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. It is a healthy snack and so easy. Oh yea don't forget the Tostitos Scoops they are the best.

Just a note: We like it a bit chunky but if you like it not so chunky you can put it in your food processor or blender.

Thanks and happy snacking!






No comments:

Post a Comment